Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nurse Leader
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs.Salenger Incorporated. 1987; 14: 987-990
- Impact of inclusive leadership on adaptive performance: the role of innovative work behaviour.Int J Bus Sci Appl Manag. 2022; 17: 28-43
- Predictors of transformational leadership of nurse managers.J Nurs Manag. 2017; 25: 167-175
- A model for cognitively-based compassion training: theoretical underpinnings and proposed mechanisms.Soc Theory Health. 2021; 19: 43-67
- Wellness-centered leadership: equipping health care leaders to cultivate physician well-being and professional fulfillment.Acad Med. 2021; 96: 641
- Benevolent leadership and psychological well-being: the moderating effects of psychological safety and psychological contract breach.Leadersh Organ Dev J. 2016; 37: 369-386
- Mayo Clinic’s 5-step policy for responding to bias incidents.AMA J Ethics. 2019; 21: 521-529
The Joint Commission. Clarifying food and drink safety for clinicians. Joint Commission Perspectives;2019;39(3):6-7. Available at: https://store-jcrinc.ae-admin.com/assets/1/7/JCP_39_2019_3_fooddrinksafety.pdf. Accessed June 5, 2022.
- Night-shift nurses and drowsy driving: a qualitative study.Int J Nurs Stud. 2020; 112103600
- Clinician well-being: joy in work.in: Hassmiller S.B. Pulcini J. Advanced Practice Nursing Leadership: A Global Perspective. Springer, Cham, Switzerland2020: 255-271
- A model for advancing nurse well-being: future directions for nurse leaders.Nurse Leader. 2019; 17: 526-530
Muir KJ, Crosby H, Bauer-Wu S. Sowing seeds of resilience: compassionate care ambassadors. In: Fontaine DK, Cunningham T, May NB, eds. Self-Care for New and Student Nurses. Indianapolis, IN: Sigma Theta Tau International; 2021.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine; National Academy of Medicine; Committee on the Future of Nursing 2020–2030.in: Wakefield M. Williams D.R. Le Menestrel S. The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity. National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC2021
- Hindsight is 2020: identifying missed leadership opportunities to reduce employee turnover intention amid the COVID-19 shutdown.Strateg HR Rev. 2021; 20: 215-220
- Clinician mental health, nursing shortages and the COVID-19 pandemic: crises within crises.Int Nurs Rev. 2021; 68: 12-14
- The role of self-compassion, concern for others, and basic psychological needs in the reduction of caregiving burnout.Mindfulness. 2021; 12: 741-750
- The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the care burden of women and families.Sustain Sci Pract Policy. 2020; 16: 67-73
- Associations among nurses' mental/physical health, lifestyle behaviors, shift length, and workplace wellness support during COVID-19: important implications for health care systems.Nurs Adm Q. 2022; 46: 5-18
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption.Spiegal & Grau, New York, NY2015
Stevenson B. The Opposite of Poverty is Justice. YouTube. 2015. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As8baXNEgRQ. Accessed April 7, 2021.
- Transforming shared governance: toward professional governance for nursing.J Nurs Adm. 2021; 51: 206-211
- A Collective Bargain: Unions, Organizing, and the Fight for Democracy.HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY2021
- More than handmaids: nursing, labor activism and feminism.Gend Work Organ. 2022; 29: 1149-1163
- Nurse unions and patient outcomes.Ind Labor Relat Rev. 2016; 69: 803-833
- The effectiveness of mindfulness meditation for nurses and nursing students: an integrated literature review.Nurs Educ Today. 2018; 65: 201-211
- The effect of a loving-kindness and compassion meditation program on the empathy, emotion, and stress of nursing college students.J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ. 2020; 26: 311-321
- Examining self-care, self-compassion and compassion for others: a cross-sectional survey of palliative care nurses and doctors.Int J Palliat Nurs. 2018; 24: 4-11
- Job stress and nurses well-being: prayer and age as moderators.Community Ment Health J. 2019; 55: 1226-1235
- Interventions to improve mental health, well-being, physical health, and lifestyle behaviors in physicians and nurses: a systematic review.Am J Health Promot. 2020; 34: 929-941
- The effects of the medical pause on physiological stress markers among health care providers: a pilot randomized controlled trial.West J Nurs Res. 2022; 44: 1036-1046
- The fundamentals of resilience, growth, and wisdom.in: Fontaine D.K. Cunningham T. May N.B. Self-Care for New and Student Nurses. Indianapolis. Sigma Publishing, 2021
- Evaluating the costs of nurse burnout-attributed turnover: a Markov modeling approach.J Patient Saf. 2022; 18: 351-357
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Note: This work did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.