Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nurse Leader
- Marketing Research.11th ed. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ2013
- The New Strategic Brand Management: Advanced Insights and Strategic Thinking.5th ed. Kogan, London, UK2012
- Leaders, Own Your Story or Someone Else Will. Forbes.(March 1, 2018.)https://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2018/03/01/leaders-own-your-story-or-someone-else-will/?sh=60ccef76672e(Accessed January 10, 2023.)
- Marketing Professional Services.Prentice Hall Press, Upper Saddle River, NJ2002: 244
- Marketing Colleges and Universities.Council for the Advancement of Education (CASE), Washington, DC2009
- Admission and recruiting marketing.in: Hossler D. Bontrager R. Handbook of Strategic Enrollment Management. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA2015: 103-123
- Institute for the Brand Image of Nursing: About IBIN. 2021.Accessed January 10, 2023.)
Megan Brrenan (2023). Nurses retain top ethics rating in US, but below 2020 high. Gallup News, January 10, 2023. https://news.gallup.com/poll/467804/nurses-retain-top-ethics-rating-below-2020-high.aspx. Accessed January 14, 2023.
- From Silence to Voice: What Nurses Know and Must Communicate to the Public.3rd ed. Cornell University Press, London, UK2013
- Educating nurses to impact change in nursing image.Teach Learn Nurs. 2011; 6: 112-118
- Nursing stereotypes.Nurs Stand. 1999; 13: 46-47
- Contemporary public perceptions of nursing: a systematic review and narrative synthesis of the international research evidence.J Nurs Manag. 2016; 24: 994-1006
- Registered nurse perceptions of factors contributing to the inconsistent brand image of the nursing profession.Nurs Outlook. 2020; 68: 808-821
- About the nursing now challenge. 2021.Accessed January 10, 2023.)
- Nursing image: an evolutionary concept analysis.Contemp Nurse. 2012; 43: 81-89
- The history of nurse imagery and the implications for recruitment: a discussion paper.J Adv Nurs. 2014; 70: 1502-1509
- Building the case for including nurse leaders on healthcare organization boards.Nurs Econ. 2019; 37 (197): 169-177
- The power of mass media and feminism in the evolution of nursing’s image: a critical review of the literature and implications for nursing practice.J Med Humanit. 2021; 42: 371-386
- Saving Lives: Why the Media’s Portrayal of Nursing Puts Us All at Risk.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2015
- Perceived status of nurses compared to other health care professionals.Contemp Nurse. 2003; 15: 20-28
- Angels and heroes: the unintended consequence of the hero narrative.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2020; 52: 462-466
- The nursing profession: public image, self-concept, and professional identity. A discussion paper.J Adv Nurs. 2014; 70: 295-309
Muro M, Calvo J, Carci G. (2022). Burnout in nursing: a vision of gender and invisible unrecorded care [e-pub ahead of print]. J Adv Nurs, 00;1-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.15523. Accessed January 13, 2023.
- nursing engagement in governing health organizations: past, present and future.J Nurs Care Qual. 2016; 31: 299-303
World Health Organization. WHO and Partners Call for Urgent Investment in Nurses. 2020. https://www.who.int/news/item/07-04-2020-who-and-partners-call-for-urgent-investment-in-nurses. Accessed January 13, 2023.
- Engineering, and Medicine. The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2021
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Social Determinants of Health. 2030. https://health.gov/healthypeople/priority-areas/social-determinants-health. Accessed January 13, 2023.
- The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2011.https://nap.nationalacademies.org/catalog/12956/the-future-of-nursing-leading-change-advancing-health(Accessed January 10, 2023.)
- Charting Nursing’s Future: Reports on Policies That Can Transform Patient Care. 2015.Accessed January 13, 2023.)
- Young peoples' perceptions of the nursing profession: an integrative review.Nurse Educ Today. 2017; 57: 95-102
- Does student orientation improve nursing image and positively influence the enrollment of nursing students in the University? An observational study.Acta Biomed. 2019; 8: 68-77
- Qualitative Research Methods: A Data Collector’s Field Guide. Research Triangle Park, NC: Family Health International; 2005.https://www.fhi360.org/sites/default/files/media/documents/Qualitative%20Research%20Methods%20-%20A%20Data%20Collector%27s%20Field%20Guide.pdf(Accessed January 13, 2023.)
- Development and testing of three unique scales measuring the brand image of nursing.Int J Pharm Healthc Mark. 2018; 12: 2-14
- Psychometric properties and latent profile analysis of the Nursing Brand Image Scale: a methodological study in the Chinese context.BMC Nurs. 2022; 21: 259
Godsey JA, Hayes T. All Nurses Are Leaders, Current -vs Desired Image of Nursing. Presented at: Symposium on the Brand Image of Nursing, Xavier University. October 18, 2022; Cincinnati, OH.
- Can brand theory help re-position the brand image of nursing?.J Nurs Manag. 2020; 28: 968-975
National Council of State Boards of Nursing. Active RN Licenses. 2022. https://www.ncsbn.org/active-rn-licenses. Accessed January 13, 2023.
- List of nursing organizations. 2022.Accessed January 13, 2023.)
International Academy of Nursing Editors. Nursing Editors: How Many Nursing Journals Are There? 2022. https://nursingeditors.com/2018/06/08/how-many-nursing-journals-are-there/. Accessed January 13, 2023.
National Center for Education Statistics. College Navigator: Nursing Schools. https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=nursing&s=all. Accessed January 13, 2023.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. The Essentials: Domain 10 Personal, Professional, and Leadership Development. 2022. https://www.aacnnursing.org/Essentials/Domains/Personal-Professional-and-Leadership-Development. Accessed January 13, 2023.
- What Is Professional Identity in Nursing? 2022.https://www.kumc.edu/school-of-nursing/outreach/consulting/professional-identity/about/what-is-professional-identity-in-nursing.html(Accessed January 13, 2023.)
- The nurse leader’s role: a conduit for professional identity formation and sustainability.Nurse Leader. 2021; 19: 27-32
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Note: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors. The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.