Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nurse Leader
- A multi-generational workforce: managing and understanding millennials.Int J Business Management. 2012; 7: 88-93
- Diversity in the workplace and the impact of work values on the effectiveness of multi-generational teams.i-Manager's J Management. 2015; 10: 20-28
- Generational change in Australian school leadership: collision path or smooth baton change?.J Educ Adm. 2016; 54: 114-134
- Examining perceptual dilemmas of young leaders with respect to ageism.SAMVAD. 2019; 18: 60-65
DeDiemar AY. Younger Leaders Supervising Older Subordinates: A Correlational Study of Leadership Style and Subordinate Emotional Well-Being. Ann Arbor, MI:ProQuest Dissertations Publishing; 2021. https://www.proquest.com/openview/d66ca03262c1223a8b90517a3c0c758a/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=18750&diss=y.
- A vertical dyad linkage approach to leadership within formal organizations: a longitudinal investigation of the role making process.Organ Behav Hum Perform. 1975; 13: 46-78https://www.researchgate.net/profile/George-Graen-2/publication/222986304_A_Vertical_Dyad_Linkage_Approach_to_Leadership_Within_Formal_Organizations/links/5c6016d845851582c3db499d/A-Vertical-Dyad-Linkage-Approach-to-Leadership-Within-Formal-Organizations.pdf
Burns JM. Leadership. New York, NY:Harper & Row; 1978:280.
- Transformational leadership and organizational culture.Public Adm Q. 1993; 17: 112-121
- Role of leadership in the employee withdrawal process.J Appl Psychol. 1982; 67: 868-872
- A study on the relationship between organizational culture, leadership style, organizational commitment and organizational citizenship behaviour, intrinsic motivation as mediating with reference to employees working in Jordanian luxury class hotel.World Appl Sci J. 2017; 35: 119-126
- Predicting unit performance by assessing transformational and transactional leadership.J Appl Psychol. 2003; 88: 207
- The ties that bind: the impact of leader-member exchange, transformational and transactional leadership, and distance on predicting follower performance.J Appl Psychol. 1999; 84: 680-694
- Global Applications of Multigenerational Management and Leadership in the Transcultural Era.in: Job engagement levels across the generations at work. IGI Glob, 2020: 108-137
- Comparing generation X and generation Y on their preferred emotional leadership style.J Appl Leadersh Management. 2017; 5: 62-75
- Younger supervisors, older subordinates: an organizational-level study of age differences, emotions, and performance.J Organ Behav. 2017; 38: 461-486
- Age diversity in the workplace.Int J Aging Hum Dev. 2017; 1: 1-28
- Leading a multigenerational nursing workforce: issues, challenges and strategies.Online J Issues Nurs. 2006; 11: 5
- Advancing the practice of patient and family centered care: the central role of nursing leadership.Nurse Leader. 2019; 17: 325-330
- A riposte to ostracism and tolerance to workplace incivility: a generational perspective.Personnel Rev. 2018; 47: 441-457
- The relationship between leadership style and health worker motivation, job satisfaction and teamwork in Uganda.J Healthc Leadersh. 2018; 10: 21-32
- The relationship between resilience and empowering leader behaviour of nurse managers in the mining healthcare sector.Curationis. 2018; 41: 1775
- Getting old at the top: the role of agentic and communal orientations in the relationship between age and follower perceptions of leadership behaviors and outcomes.Work Aging Retire. 2019; : 1-13
- Context and leadership: an examination of the nine-factor full-range leadership theory using the multifactor leadership questionnaire.The Leadersh Q. 2003; 14: 261-295
- Psychometric properties of the polish version of the job-related affective well-being scale.Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2014; 27: 993-1004
- Encyclopedia of Research Design.SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2010
- Strategies for leading a multi-generational organization.J Management. 2017; 12: 14-25
- Survey of Registered Nurses: Viewpoints on Leadership, Nursing Shortages, and Their Profession.AMN Healthcare, San Diego, CA2017
- Sense making and knowledge transfer: capturing the knowledge and wisdom of nursing leaders.J Prof Nurs. 2015; 31: 290-297
- Organizational ambidexterity and the multi-generational workforce.J Organizational Cult Commun Conflict. 2016; 20: 95-111https://www.abacademies.org/journals/journal-of-organizational-culture-communications-and-conflict-home.html
- Millennials almost twice as likely to be registered nurses as baby boomers were.Health Aff. 2017; 36: 1804-1807
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Note: This author is indebted to Dr. Noreen Bernard for her encouragement, second set of eyes, and feedback to make this paper possible. I thank God for her mentorship!
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.