Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- National Commission to Address Racism in Nursing. Racism’s Impact In Nursing.(Available at:)https://www.nursingworld.org/∼48f9c5/globalassets/practiceandpolicy/workforce/commission-to-address-racism/infographic–national-nursing-survey_understanding-racism-in-nursing.pdfDate: 2022Date accessed: April 27, 2020
- The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2021
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, National Center for Health Workforce Analysis. Brief Summary Results from the 2018 National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.(Available at:)https://data.hrsa.gov/DataDownload/NSSRN/GeneralPUF18/2018_NSSRN_Summary_Report-508.pdfDate: 2019Date accessed: April 2, 2020
- New Census Date Shows the Nation Is Diversifying Even Faster Than Predicted. Washington, DC: The Brookings Institution.(Available at:)https://www.brookings.edu/research/new-census-data-shows-the-nation-is-diversifying-even-faster-than-predicted/Date: 2020Date accessed: November 9, 2020
- US Census Bureau, Population Division. National Population by Characteristics: 2010-2019. Annual Estimates of the Resident Population by Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin for the United States: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2019 (NC-EST2019-SR11H). June, 2020. Available at:.https://www.census.gov/data/datasets/time-series/demo/popest/2010s-national-detail.htmlDate accessed: April 29, 2021
- Chapter 8. In: Wonderful Adventures of Mrs. Seacole in Many Lands. London, UK: James Blackwood Paternoster Row; 1857:134. Available at:.https://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/seacole/adventures/adventures.htmlDate accessed: July 20, 2020
- From hospital to college: black nurse leaders and the rise of collegiate nursing schools. J Negro Educ. 1982;51(3):222–237. Available at:.https://www.jstor.org/stable/2294691Date accessed: September 13, 2020
- Telling the story of role conflict among Black nurses and Black nursing students: a literature review.J Nurs Educ. 2013; 52: 517-524
- The lived experience of Black nurse faculty in predominantly White schools of nursing.J Transcult Nurs. 2017; 28: 608-615
- Gallup. Gallup Honesty and Ethics Poll. Gallup News Service. 2020. Available at:.https://news.gallup.com/poll/328136/ethics-ratings-rise-medical-workers-teachers.aspxDate accessed: December 21, 2020
- COVID-19 disparity among Black Americans: a call to action for nurse scientists.Res Nurs Health. 2020; 43: 440-441
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Note: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors. No funding was received from any source outside of New York City Health + Hospitals. The authors have reported that they have no conflicts of interest to disclose relevant to the contents of this paper.