Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 10 ways Alexa is Revolutionizing healthcare.https://healthcareweekly.com/alexa-in-healthcare/Date: 2021Date accessed: May 3, 2022
- Voice-controlled intelligent personal assistants in health care: international Delphi study.J Med Internet Res. 2021; 23: e25312
- Amazon, Vocera team up on new Alexa skill for patients in hospitals.https://www.mobihealthnews.com/news/amazon-vocera-team-new-alexa-skill-patients-hospitals#:∼:text=The%20new%20skill%20will%20let,with%20caregivers%20through%20Amazon%20Echo.&text=Medical%20communication%20company%20Vocera%20is,patients%27%20hospital%20experience%20more%20connectedDate: 2021Date accessed: May 3, 2022
- Alexa smart Properties healthcare.https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/alexa/healthcareDate: 2022Date accessed: May 3, 2022
- Characteristics of work interruptions during medication administration.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2009; 41: 330-336
- Occurrence and duration of interruptions during nurses’ work in surgical wards: findings from a multi-center observational study.J Nurs Care Qual. 2015; 31: 174-182
- Interruptions and multitasking in nursing care.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2010; 36: 126-132
- Nurses’ responses to interruptions during medication tasks: a time and motion study.Int J Nurs Stud. 2018; 82: 113-120
- Cedars-Sinai debuts Alexa in hospital rooms to improve care.https://www.nurse.com/blog/2019/04/19/cedars-sinai-debuts-alexa-in-hospital-rooms-improve-care/Date: 2019Date accessed: May 3, 2022
- Cedars Sinai Accelerator: about the program.https://csaccelerator.com/programDate: 2021Date accessed: May 3, 2022
- Alexa is finding a voice in healthcare. Cedars-Sinai, Boston Children’s sign on for new Amazon smart hospital service.https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/tech/alexa-finding-a-voice-healthcare-amazon-launches-service-to-help-hospitals-deploy-voiceDate: 2021Date accessed: May 3, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Note. Funding Source: The Cedars-Sinai Accelerator program funded and supported the work of Aiva Health (“Aiva”), a start-up company, focused on the implementation of innovative technology to address issues in health care. Aiva’s other investors include Amazon’s Alexa Fund and the Google Assistant Investment Program.
Declaration of Interests:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Cedars-Sinai nursing leadership and Enterprise Information System (EIS) team for their support, the Cedars-Sinai Accelerator Program, Aiva, our nursing, pharmacy, clinical engineering, and facilities’ teams for their major contributions toward the success of this program.