Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The 2017 national nursing workforce survey.J Nurs Reg. 2018; 9: S1-S88
- AHA 2019 national health care governance survey report | AHA trustee services.(Available at:)https://trustees.aha.org/aha-2019-national-health-care-governance-survey-reportDate accessed: February 12, 2022
- Leading with intent: BoardSource Index of nonprofit board practices.(Available at: =%)https://leadingwithintent.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-Leading-with-Intent-Report.pdf?hsCtaTracking=90ad298e-8b64-4540-8736-dde2b57d3a6e%7C227f2aec-48d8-4c31-a13f-82eb7f58d496Date: 2021Date accessed: April 10, 2022
- Enabling nurses to lead change: the orientation experiences of nurses to boards.Nurs Outlook. 2015; 63: 110-116
- Board leadership: nurses in governance | ONS.(Available at:)https://www.ons.org/courses/board-leadership-nurses-governanceDate accessed: February 12, 2022
- Leveraging the power of board leadership in professional nursing organizations.J Nurs Adm. 2019; 49: 517-519
- Professional governance leadership conference | AONL.(Available at:)https://www.aonl.org/professionalgov?check_logged_in=1Date accessed: April 16, 2022
- Nurses on boards – Webinar series (free).(Available at:)https://www.nursingworld.org/continuing-education/nurses-on-boards--webinar-bundle/Date accessed: February 12, 2022
- Empowering nurse leaders – nurses on boards Coalition.(Available at:)https://www.nursesonboardscoalition.org/empowering-nurse-leaders/#CreditsDate accessed: February 12, 2022
- Individualized board matching counseling: connecting nurses to nonprofit board service.Nurs Econ. 2021; 39: 285-303
- A tristate education model to prepare nurses to serve on health-promoting boards.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2020; 51: 528-532
- Encouragement: the key to increasing the number of nurses serving on boards.Nurs Forum. 2020; 55: 331-340
- Sundean Healthcare Index for Preparedness in Board Competency (SHIP-BC©) (Version 8.10.17).2017 (Available at:)https://sundeanrn.org/healthcare-board-competency-survey-for-nurses/Date accessed: May 30, 2022
- Leading with intent: 2017 Index of nonprofit board practices.(Available at:)https://leadingwithintent.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/2021-Leading-with-Intent-Report.pdf?hsCtaTracking=90ad298e-8b64-4540-8736-dde2b57d3a6e%7C227f2aec-48d8-4c31-a13f-82eb7f58d496Date: 2017Date accessed: April 10, 2022
- Governance education for nurses: preparing nurses for the future.J Prof Nurs. 2019; 35: 346-352
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
This paper would not have been possible without the support of the Oncology Nursing Society Board of Directors. Additional thanks to Lori Brown, ONS Executive Director, and Katrina Loutzenhiser, ONS Director of Learning and Development, for providing information and insight before and during data collection.
Note: The American Cancer Society supported this work through a Graduate Scholarship in Cancer Nursing Practice, GSCNP-17-118-01.