Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Empowerment of front-line leaders in an online learning, certificate programme.J Nurs Manag. 2020; 28: 359-367
- Development and testing of the healthy work environment inventory: a reliable tool for assessing work environment health and satisfaction.J Nurs Educ. 2016; 55: 555-562
- Connection between organizational culture and climate and empowerment: The perspective of nurse managers.Nurs Health Sci. 2019; 21: 54-62
- IHI Framework for Improving Joy in Work. IHI White Paper.Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge, MA2017
- Leader influence, the professional practice environment, and nurse engagement in essential nursing practice.J Nurs Adm. 2017; 47: 367-375
- Empowerment in nurse leader groups in middle management: a quantitative comparative investigation.J Clin Nurs. 2017; 26: 266-279
- Testing the effects of an empowerment-based leadership development programme: part 1 - leader outcomes.J Nurs Manag. 2014; 22: 4-15
- Nurse empowerment from a middle-management perspective: nurse managers’ and assistant nurse managers’ workplace empowerment views.Permanente J. 2011; 15: e101-e107
- A bridge to leadership communication success.Nurse Leader. 2019; 17: 546-551
- The impact of restricted decision-making autonomy on health care managers’ health and work performance.J Nurs Manag. 2019; 27: 706-714
- The impact of work culture on quality of care in nursing homes - a review study.Scand J Caring Sci. 2014; 28: 449-457
- Enhancing and advancing shared governance through a targeted decision-making redesign.J Nurs Adm. 2018; 48: 445-451
- The structural framework for nursing professional governance: foundation for empowerment.Nurse Leader. 2020; 18: 181-189
- Leader self and means efficacy: a multi-component approach.Organ Behav Hum Decis Process. 2012; 118: 143-161
Copyright © 2013 by Sean T. Hannah and Bruce J. Avolio. All rights reserved in all media. Published by Mind Garden, Inc. Available at: www.mindgarden.com. Accessed May 6, 2022.
- Organizational trust and empowerment in restructured healthcare settings: effects on staff nurse commitment.J Nurs Adm. 2000; 30: 413-425
- Conditions for Work Effectiveness Questionnaire I and II.(Available at:)https://www.uwo.ca/fhs/hkl/files/cweq.docxDate: January 2012Date accessed: January 25, 2021
- Impact of structural and psychological empowerment on job strain in nursing work settings: expanding Kanter’s model.J Nurs Adm. 2001; 31: 260-272
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Note: The authors wish to acknowledge Brande Gentry, MBA, and Julie Thompson, PhD. This quality improvement project did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.