Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Hansen A, Tuttas C. Professional choice 2020-2021: travel nursing turns the tide. Nurse Leader, in press.
- Tours of Duty: The New Nursing Career Phenomena.Emerging RN Leader, 2021 (Available at:)https://www.emergingrnleader.com/tours-of-duty-the-new-nursing-career-phenomena/Date accessed: February 18, 2022
- Travel Nurses Make Twice as Much as They Did Pre-Covid-19.The Wall Street Journal. February 8, 2022; (Available at:)https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-relief-funds-drive-up-nurse-pay-hospitals-say-11644316203?reflink=desktopwebshare_permalinkDate accessed: February 12, 2022
- Nurses Have Finally Learned What They’re Worth.The New York Times. February 15, 2022; (Available at:)https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/15/magazine/traveling-nurses.htmlDate accessed: February 12, 2022
- A matter of supply and demand: Healthcare providers face high costs, demand for agency staff as COVID-19 rages.Mod Healthc. 2021; 51: 14
- Contract nurses: earning much more for less work: the gap between what staff nurses earn and what agency nurses earn is great.NY Nurse. 2021; September: 6
- Perceptions of authentic nurse leadership and work environment and the pandemic impact for nurse leaders and clinical nurses.J Nurs Adm. 2021; 51: 257-263
- What do we know about our agency nurse population? A scoping review.Nurs Forum. 2019; 54: 492-498
- he experiences of the agency registered nurse: an integrative literature review.J Nurs Manage. 2019; 27: 1580-1587
- Us and them: experiences of agency nurses in intensive care units.Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2020; 56102764
- About the DAISY Foundation.(Available at:)https://www.daisyfoundation.org/Date accessed: February 20, 2022
- Authentic nurse leadership conceptual framework: nurses' perception of authentic nurse leader attributes.Nurs Adm Q. 2019; 43: 164-174
- AACN standards for establishing and sustaining healthy work environments: a journey to excellence.Am J Crit Care. 2005; 14: 187
- Efficacy of the Well-Being Index to identify distress and well-being in US nurses.Nurs Res. 2018; 67: 447-455
- About the Well-Being Index.(Available at:)https://www.mywellbeingindex.org/aboutDate accessed: February 20, 2022
- Building the science to guide nursing administration and leadership decision making.Nurs Adm. 2022; 52: 19-26
- Embracing a One and Done Philosophy.(Available at:)https://www.emergingrnleader.com/embracing-a-one-and-done-philosophy/Date: 2022Date accessed: February 21, 2022
- Travel nurse onboarding: current trends and identified needs.J Nurs Adm. 2019; 49: 436-440
- Social comparison and perceived envy-motivated communication involving travel nurses: a qualitative study.J Nurs Manage. 2020; 28: 377-384
- Association of use of contract nurses with hospitalized patient pressure injuries and falls.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2020; 52: 527-535
Note: Both authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose. The authors thank Mark Barnes, FAAN, and Bonnie Barnes, FAAN, co-founders of The DAISY Foundation, for their enthusiastic support of this research, and Kevin Masick for his statistical expertise.