Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Rounds With Leadership: Following the Data. October 27, 2021. News and Information.(Available at:)https://www.aacnnursing.org/News-Information/Press-Releases/View/ArticleId/25091/rounds-with-leadership-10-27-21Date accessed: November 7, 2021
- Why we became nurse educators: Findings from a nationwide survey of current nurse educators.Nurs Educ Perspect. 2018; 39: 61-65
- Entering the world of academia is like starting a new life: A trio of reflections from health professionals joining academia as second career academics.Int J Acad Dev. 2021; 26: 69-81
- Transitions: A nursing concern.in: Chinn P.L. Nursing Research Methodology: Issues and Implementation. Aspen Publication, Boulder, CO1986: 237-257
- Transitions theory.in: Smith M.C. Parker M.E. Nursing Theories and Nursing Practice. 4th ed. F.A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, PA2015: 361-380
- The power of community in the business professional to academic transition. Pepperdine University. Faculty Open Access Publications. Paper 153. 2020.(Available at:)https://digitalcommons.pepperdine.edu/faculty_pubs/153Date accessed: November 8, 2021
- New clinical nurse faculty orientation: A review of the literature.Nurs Educ Perspect. 2019; 40: 210-215
- Transition from clinical to educator role in nursing: An integrative review.J Nurses Prof Dev. 2018; 14: 67-77
- From practice to education: Perspectives from three nurse leaders.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2010; 41: 83-87
- Easing the transition from clinician to nurse educator: An integrative literature review.J Nurs Educ. 2015; 54: 361-366
- Experience of novice clinical adjunct faculty: A qualitative study.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2017; 48: 167-174
- Novice nurse practitioner faculty and the online educator’s role.J Nurse Pract. 2018; 15: e29-e35
- Nursing leadership and academia: Passing the baton.Nurse Educ Today. 2020; 89: 104400
- Identifying barriers and facilitators to future faculty career for DNP students.J Prof Nurs. 2017; 33: 56-67
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing. Student enrollment surged in U.S. schools of nursing in 2020 despite challenges presented by the pandemic. April 1, 2021. News and Information. Available at:.https://www.aacnnursing.org/News-Information/Press-Releases/View/ArticleId/24802/2020-survey-data-student-enrollmentDate accessed: November 7, 2021
Note: The author received no funding for this review article.