Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mobile Nurses: Trends in International Labor Migration in the Nursing Field.World Education News and Reviews website, March 6, 2018 (Available at:)https://wenr.wes.org/2018/03/mobile-nurses-trends-in-international-labor-migration-in-the-nursing-fieldDate accessed: August 23, 2021
- COVID-19 and the International Supply of Nurses. Report for the International Council of Nurses.(Available at:)https://www.icn.ch/system/files/documents/2020-07/COVID19_internationalsupplyofnurses_Report_FINAL.pdfDate: July 29, 2020Date accessed: August 26, 2021
- Responding to the state of the world’s nursing 2020 report in Aotearoa New Zealand: aligning the nursing workforce to universal health coverage and health equity.Nurs Praxis Aotearoa N Zealand. 2020; 36: 7-19
- An examination of the causes, consequences, and policy responses to the migration of highly trained health personnel from the Philippines: the high cost of living/leaving – a mixed method study.Hum Resour Health. 2017; 15: 25
- Predictors of NCLEX-RN success among internationally-educated nurses: a case study for the Philippines.J Intens Crit Care Nurse. 2019; 2 (Available at:): 44-54https://www.alliedacademies.org/conference-abstracts-files/predictors-of-nclexrn-success-among-internationally.pdfDate accessed: September 18, 2021
- POEA Wants to Increase 5K Cap on Nurses’ Deployment.Philippine News Agency website, Republic of the PhilippinesMay 20, 2021 (Available at:)https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1140957Date accessed: August 23, 2021
- The recruitment experience of foreign-educated health professionals to the United States: a report on the current state of recruitment and our study findings.Am J Nurs. 2020; 120: 28-38
- U.S.-based recruitment of foreign-educated nurses: implications of an emerging industry.Am J Nurs. 2010; 110: 38-48
- The WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel.(Available at:)https://www.who.int/hrh/migration/code/WHO_global_code_of_practice_EN.pdfDate: May 30, 2010Date accessed: September 17, 2021
- Code for the ethical international recruitment practices: the CGFNS alliance case study.Hum Resour Health. 2016; 14: 114-119
- U.S.-Based International Nurse Recruitment: Structure and Practices of a Burgeoning Industry.Academy Health, Washington, DCNovember 2007 (Available at:)https://www.macfound.org/media/article_pdfs/nursing_code_researchreportyr1.pdfDate accessed: August 26, 2021
- Filipino Nurses Win $1.56 Million in Trafficking Victims Case.(Daily Lab Report) Bloomberg Law website, June 1, 2021 (Available at:)https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/filipino-nurses-win-1-56-million-in-trafficking-victims-caseDate accessed: September 18, 2021
- Albany Med Ends Fees for Filipino Nurses Who Leave Job Early.Associated Press, June 17, 2021 (Available at:)https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york/articles/2021-06-17/albany-med-ends-fees-for-filipino-nurses-who-leave-job-earlyDate accessed: September 18, 2021
- Ethical Recruitment of Health Workers: Using Bilateral Cooperation to Fulfill the World Health Organization’s Global Code of Practice.Center for Global Development Website, May 27, 2021 (Available at:)https://www.cgdev.org/sites/default/files/PP212-Clemens-Dempster-Ethical-recruitment-health-workers-WHO-Code.pdfDate accessed: September 13, 2021
Counseling Center University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Cultural Transition and Adaptation. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign website. Updated 2015. Available at: https://counselingcenter.illinois.edu/outreach-consultation-prevention/cultural-diversity-outreach/international-students/cultural. Accessed August 23, 2021.
- Handbook for Filipino Nurses Immigrating to the United States.Philippine Nurses Association of America, North Brunswick, NJ2021
- Workplace discrimination and health among Filipinos in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 520-526
- Transition-to-U.S. practice experiences of internationally educated nurses: an integrative review.West J Nurs Res. 2019; 42: 373-392
- Factors affecting the integration of immigrant nurses into the nursing workforce: a double hermeneutic study.Int J Nurs Stud. 2014; 51: 640-653