Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nurse Leader
- Nurse-patient interaction: a review of the literature.J Clin Nurs. 2004; 13: 714-722
Loos NE. Adult Patient Perceptions of Nurse Listening Behaviors in an Acute Care Setting. [doctoral dissertation]. Dissertation number: 13805585. document ID: 2198076597. ProQuest Dissertation Publishers; 2019. Available at: http://hdl.handle.net/10755/18284. Accessed May 20, 2020.
- Nurse engagement: what are the contributing factors for success?.Online J Issues Nurs. 2016; 21: C1-C11
- Capacity for care: meta-ethnography of acute care nurses' experiences of the nurse-patient relationship.J Adv Nurs. 2013; 69: 760-772
- Implications for COVID-19: a systematic review of nurses’ experiences of working in acute care hospital settings during a respiratory pandemic.Int J Nurs Stud. 2020; 111: 1-8
- Turning Moral Distress Into Moral Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic [blog]. July 17, 2020. Institute for Healthcare Improvement.(Available at:)http://www.ihi.org/communities/blogs/turning-moral-distress-into-moral-resilience-during-the-covid-19-pandemicDate accessed: July 27, 2020
- ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®. American Nurses Credentialing Center Website.(Available at:)http://www.nursecredentialling.org/Magnet /Program/Overview/New-Magnet-Model.aspxDate accessed: January 7, 2021
- Improving the patient experience: real world strategies for engaging nurses.J Nurs Adm. 2014; 44: 142-151
- The measurement of work engagement with a short questionnaire: a cross national study.Educ Psychol Meas. 2006; 66: 710-716
- Managing organizational transitions.Organ Dyn. 1986; 15: 22-33
O’Rourke MW. A situation-specific theory about professional role identity formation as related to role clarity and nurse work engagement. In: Im EO, Meleis AI, eds. Situation Specific Theories: Development, Utilization, and Evaluation in Nursing. Cham: Springer. 2021. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-63223-6_15. Accessed February 6, 2021.
- Caring for the caregiver: achieving the quadruple aim through a peer support program.Nurse Leader. 2019; 17: 189-192
- Workplace engagement and workers: compensation claims as predictors for patient safety culture.J Patient Saf. 2012; 8: 194-201
- Organizational effect on patient satisfaction in hospital medical-surgical units.J Nurs Adm. 2009; 39: 220-227
- A study of the relationship of role conflict, the need for role clarity and job satisfaction for professional librarians.Library Q. 1980; 50: 310-323
- Exploring role clarity in interorganizational spread and scale-up initiatives: the ‘INSPIRED’ COPD collaborative.BMC Health Serv Res. 2018; 18: 680
- Role clarity, workload and organizational support: multilevel evidence of the importance of support.Work Stress. 2010; 14: 65-73
- What makes employees engaged with their work? The role of self-efficacy and employee’s perceptions of social context over time.Career Dev Int. 2016; 21: 125-143
- Work engagement in nursing: a concept analysis.J Adv N. 2011; 68: 1414-1428
- Empowerment, engagement and perceived effectiveness in nursing work environments: does experience matter?.J Nurs Manag. 2009; 17: 636-646
- Healing or caretaking--which will it be?.Nurs Clin N Am. 1971; 6: 273-280
- Professional nursing values: a concept analysis.Nurs Forum. 2018; 53: 69-75
- Generic professional behavior: implications for the clinical nurse specialist role.Clin Nurse Spec. 1989; 3: 28-132
- The effect of work environment on intent to leave the nursing profession: a case study of bedside registered nurses in rural Florida.Health Serv Manag Res. 2010; 23: 185e92
- Culture and demography: from reluctant bedfellows to committed partners.Demography. 2014; 51: 3-25
- Interprofessional practice: just a trend or worthy investment?.Nurse Leader. 2019; 17: 220-224
Im EO, Meleis AI. Situation Specific Theories: Development, Utilization, and Evaluation in Nursing. Paris, France: Springer Nature, 2021.
- Work engagement in professional nursing practice: a systematic review.Int J Nurs Stud. 2016; 61: 142-164
- Rebuilding a professional practice model: The return of standards based practice accountability.Nurs Adm Q. 2003; 27: 95-105
- Governance of practice and leadership: implications for nursing practice.in: Daly J. Speedy S. Jackson D. Nursing Leadership. Churchill Livingston, Sydney, Australia2004: 327-343
- RNs’ professional role is established by law. California Board of Registered Nursing.BRN Report. 2009; (Fall/Winter:10-12)
- One public hospital’s journey to nursing excellence: professional practice as the foundation.Nurse Leader. 2009; 7: 52-56
- A nursing leadership challenge: making the integration of professional practice standards into nursing operations a reality.Nurs Leader. 2019; 17: 207-214
- Professional role clarity: Impact on adoption of evidence based practice. Poster session presented at: UCSF School of Nursing Center for Research and Innovation. 13th Annual Reseach Day: Bridging Reseach and Pracitice. South San Francisco Conference Center, South San Francisco, Ca. October 13, 2011.Research Days. 2011;
O’Rourke MW, White C. New graduate transition to practice: implementing a role-based professional development system for effective role transition. Podium presentation at: Centers for Nursing Summit; 2007; San Francisco, CA.
- Passion at work: toward a new conceptualization.in: Gilliland S.W. Steiner D.D. Skarlicki D.P. Emerging Perspectives on Values in Organizations. Information Age Publishing, Greenwich, CT2003: 175-204
Stoia E. Employee Work Passion: A Theoretical Review [masters dissertation]. Castelló de la Plana, Valencia, Spain: Jaume University; 2018.
- Beyond rhetoric to role accountability: a practical and professional model of practice.Nurse Leader. 2006; 4: 28-33
- The motivational potential of meaningful work: relationships with strengths use, work engagement, and performance.PLoS ONE. 2018; 13e0197599
- Are you a transformational leader?.Nurs Manag. 2011; 42: 44-50
- Leadership.Harper & Row, New York, NY1979
- The relationship between transformational leadership and work engagement in governmental hospitals nurses: a survey study.SpringerPlus. 2014; 3 (Article number 25)
- Leader empowering behaviors, staff nurse empowerment and work engagement/burnout.Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont). 2006; 19: 41-56
- Linking transformational leadership to nurses' extra-role performance: the mediating role of self-efficacy and work engagement.J Adv Nurs. 2011; 67: 2256-2266
- The state of the science of nurse work environments in the United States: a systematic review.Int J Nurs Sci. 2018; 5: 287-300
- Engagement at work: a review of the literature.Int J Nurs Stud. 2009; 46: 1012-1024
- The phantom limb of the triple aim.Mayo Clin Proc. 2013; 88: 1356-1357