Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nurse Leader
- The recent surge in nurse employment: causes and implications.Health Aff (Millwood). 2009; 28: w657-w668
- The shape of the recovery: economic implications for the nursing work force.Nurs Econ. 2009; 27: 338-340
- The registered nurse population: findings from the 2008 National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses.US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DCSeptember 2010 (Available at:)Accessed April 4, 2018)
- Mobile nurses: trends in international labor migration in the nursing field.2018 (Available at:)https://wenr.wes.org/2018/03/mobile-nurses-trends-in-international-labor-migration-in-the-nursing-field(Accessed October 10, 2018)
- Transitioning internationally educated nurses for success: a model program.Online J Issues Nurs. 2008; 13 (Manuscript 3. Available at:) (Accessed October 5, 2018)http://ojin.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/vol132008/No2May08/TIENS.html
- Deaths: final data for 2007.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2010; 58: 1-19
- History of National Association of Indian Nurses of America (NAINA).(Available at:)http://nainausa.com/index.php/history/(Accessed April 4, 2018)Date: 2018
Quinn-Szcesuil J. National Association of Indian Nurses of America offers support. Available at: http://minoritynurse.com/national-association-indian-nurses-america-offers-support/. Accessed February 1, 2018.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Highlights from the National Healthcare Disparities Report 2010. Available at: https://www.ahrq.gov/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/research/findings/nhqrdr/nhdr10/pdf/nhdr10key.pdf. Accessed January 28, 2018.
- Better late than never: workforce supply implications of later entry into nursing.Health Aff (Millwood). 2007; 26: 178-185
- Occupational Outlook Handbook [2010-2011].Bernan, Lanham, MD2010
- Pipeline programs in the health professions, part 2: the impact of recent legal challenges to affirmative action.J Nat Med Assoc. 2009; 101: 852-863
- Women's leadership in the development of nursing.in: O'Conner K. Gender and Women's Leadership: A Reference Handbook. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2012: 712-719
- The Registered Nurse Population: Initial Findings From the 2008 National Sample Survey of Registered Nurses.Health Resources and Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD2010
- Minority nurses' experiences on the job.J Cult Divers. 2008; 15: 16-23
- The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.2011 (Available at:)Accessed January 28, 2018)
- Leadership.Harper & Row, New York, NY1978
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations.Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA2012
- Leadership Practices Inventory: Facilitator's Guide.4th ed. Pfeiffer, San Francisco, CA2013
Betty Moore Foundation. Lessons in leadership: the Betty Irene Moore speaker series. Lessons in leadership. Available at: https://www.moore.org/docs/default-source/speaker-series/lessons-in-leadership-communications-toolkit.pdf?sfvrsn=0. Accessed January 20, 2018.
- Nursing leadership from bedside to boardroom: a Gallup national survey of opinion leaders.J Nurs Adm. 2011; 41: 299-305
- Transformational leadership: implications for nursing leaders in facilities seeking Magnet designation.AORN J. 2011; 93: 737-748
- Protocol: evaluating the impact of a nation-wide train-the-trainer educational initiative to enhance the quality of palliative care for children with cancer.BMC Palliat Care. 2016; 15: 12
Note: The study was supported by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Research Grant Award. The authors thank the following: Amita Avadhani, DNP, ACNP, Agnes Therady, RN, MSN, MBA, FACHE, NEA-BC, Shainy Varghese, PHD, RN, CPNP, Rose Mary Xavier, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, and Rachel Zachariah, PhD, RN, for grant collaboration; Markeda Wade, BA, ELS, for editorial services; and Fine Points president and transformational leadership consultant Amy Savage.