Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nurse Leader
- The RWJF's investment in nursing to strengthen the health of individuals, families, and communities.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 2051-2055
- Nursing Fact Sheet. Updated April 2011.Accessed July 28, 2014.)
- Honesty and Ethics Rating of Clergy Slides to New Low. Nurses Again Top List; Lobbyists Are Worst. 2013. Gallup.Accessed July 28, 2014.)
- Implications of an Aging Registered Nurse Workforce.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2948-2954
- The Recent Surge In Nurse Employment: Causes And Implications.Health Aff. 2009; 28: w657-w668
- Retooling for an Aging America: Building the Health Care Workforce.https://www.iom.edu:443/Reports/2008/Retooling-for-an-Aging-America-Building-the-Health-Care-Workforce.aspx(Accessed February 17, 2015.)Date: 2008
- No end in sight to nursing shortage: bottleneck at nursing schools a key factor.JAMA. 2007; 298: 1623-1625
- Nursing Shortage. Updated April 24, 2014.Accessed July 16, 2014.)
- AARP CEO Bill Novelli Delivers Remarks on Creation of Center to Champion Nursing. December 6, 2007. [Press Release].http://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/press-center/info-2007/aarp_ceo_bill_novelli_delivers_remarks_on_creation.html(Accessed February 16, 2015.)
- The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
- 2014 Nurse Practitioner State Practice Environment.Accessed July 28, 2014.)
- Evidence Brief: Quality of Care Provided by Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs).http://thefutureofnursing.org/sites/default/files/Quality%20of%20Care%20Provided%20by%20Advanced%20Practice%20Registered%20Nurses_0.pdf(Accessed July 28, 2014.)Date: May 2011
- Lessons learned from advanced practice nursing payment.Policy Polit Nurs Pract. 2008; 9: 121-126
- Primary Care Outcomes in Patients Treated by Nurse Practitioners or Physicians: A Randomized Trial.JAMA. 2000; 283: 59-68
- Nurse practitioners as an underutilized resource for health reform: Evidence-based demonstrations of cost-effectiveness.JAANP. 2010; 22: 228-231
- The Role Of Nurse Practitioners In Reinventing Primary Care.Health Affairs. 2010; 29: 893-899
- States with the least restrictive regulations experienced the largest increase in patients seen by nurse practitioners.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 1236-1243
- Retail clinics and drugstore medicine.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2151-2152
- The geographic distribution, ownership, prices, and scope of practice at retail clinics.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 315-320
- Fact Sheet: Convenient Care Clinics: Increasing Access.Accessed July 28, 2014.)
- Scope-of-practice laws for nurse practitioners limit cost savings that can be achieved in retail clinics.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 1977-1984
- Visits to retail clinics grew fourfold from 2007 to 2009, although their share of overall outpatient visits remains low.Health Aff (Millwood). 2012; 31: 2123-2129
- Visits to Retail Clinics Grew Four Fold from 2007 to 2009, Although Their Share of Overall Outpatient Visits Remains Low.Health Affairs. 2012; 31: 2123-2129
- Health Center Impact.Accessed July 28, 2014.)
Traczynski J, Udalova V. Nurse practitioner independence, health care utilization, and health outcomes. In Fourth Annual Midwest Health Economics Conference. http://www2.hawaii.edu/~jtraczyn/paperdraft_050414_ASHE.pdf Accessed February 18, 2015. http://www.lafollette.wisc.edu/research/health_economics/Traczynski.pdf. Accessed July 28, 2014.
- National Public Radio, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and Harvard School of Public Health. 2013. Sick in America.Accessed July 28, 2014.)
- Policy Perspectives: Competition and the Regulation of Advanced Practice Nurses.http://www.ftc.gov/reports/policy-perspectives-competition-regulation-advanced-practice-nurses(Accessed July 28, 2014.)Date: March 2014
Needleman J and Hassmiller S. The Role of Nurses in Improving Hospital Quality and Efficiency: Real World Results 2009.
- Transitional Care of Older Adults Hospitalized with Heart Failure: A Randomized Controlled Trial.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004;
- AHA Hospital Statistics. 2011 Edition. American Hospital Association, Chicago, IL2011
Note: The authors acknowledge the expert assistance of Susan Lamontagne, Health Care Communications Consultant, IQ Solutions, Inc., in the writing of this paper.